Forms and making them fullscreen

icic

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all - this is probably totally the wrong board to post this in; so i do apologise

I use (or at least am trying to) VB2005, and have made a simple application. However, when the user clicks on the "maximize" button on the top corner of the title bar, it merely makes the form bigger but the controls stay in the top left corner of the screen.

Is there a way so that when the user clicks "maximize", it will make the form fullscreen; but keep it looking exactly the same; ie resize everything on the form as well as the form itself?

(I hope i don't sound too stupid :D)

thanks!

the form should maximize itself! check your MaximumSize property of the form.
to make controls resizable simpy manipulate anchor property of the controls. to resize with form you should use anchor top, left, right.

Thanks for your reply; but is there a way to do this so that the controls will preserve their aspect ratio; ie will stay in proportion?

Thanks

Changing the Anchor property of the individual controls may put you in the right direction.
Perhaps it would help if you would describe the form in more detail (such as what controls are on it or what is accomplishes).

Thanks for your assistance. What I ended up doing was having a form with a size of 800x600 and it automatically changed the user's screen res so that it appeared fullscreen.

I hate when programms start messing with my resolution. Make sure your programm places the previous resolution back when it is being closed...

lol, i hate it too. found some nice code on msdn; and i don't have a clue how it works but im using it anyway.

it's only for a high school assignment; so it's not like i'm developing this for a proper client or anything

icic said:
lol, i hate it too. found some nice code on msdn; and i don't have a clue how it works but im using it anyway.

it's only for a high school assignment; so it's not like i'm developing this for a proper client or anything

I have to say that i find it slightly disturbing that you are using code for a high school assignment but haven't a clue how it works!!! What will you do if you are asked to explain it?

Back