Form Focus Problem

dashley

Programming Experience
10+
I'm using the procedure below to open a new form (form2) which has a textbox and a button. WHen the button is clicked I want form2 to go away and my original form to show.

When I click the button on form2 the form goes away but the main form is nolonger showing. I only see the PPC main screen even though my app is still running.

Idealy I want form2 to close and the message box in the displayquestion sub to pop up on my main form

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Using .net 2005 with a ppc 2003 SE emulator

thanks

DASHLEY

VB.NET:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] DisplayQuestion([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Thequestion [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Integer[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2])
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] form2 [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]New[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Form2
Form2.Label2.Text = Thequestion
Form2.ShowDialog()
MSGBOX ("form2 closed")
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Form 2's code
VB.NET:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Button1_Click([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.Object, [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] e [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.EventArgs) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Handles[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Button1.Click

[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Hide()
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

So what is it doing, it looks to me like it should do pretty much want you want. One thing is that when you close a form that has been shown with .ShowDialog you can call Form.Close, and it will be hidden anyway. It won't dispose of the form until the dispose method has been called explicitly

As soon as it passes the ME.hide in he button1_click event the form2 disappears and all I see then is the main screen for the PPC. The main form never comes back though the device shows it is still running in memory.

Back