form always on top

El Don

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, I'm working on a program to wish my girlfriend a happy birthday, my idea is to show a label like a notification, similar to the one used in messenger, but I want it to be on top of whatever she is working on the computer at the time, even games (she's a hardcore gamer). Is this possible??

what I'm asking for is a form on top of everything, not stealing focus, and if she presses a key, for example "q", the message activates no matter what she is doing. I'm a beginner, and I know how to do the label, the key press, but I don't know how to do the above mentioned, if anyone can help me, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

VB.NET:
    [COLOR="Blue"]Private Sub [/COLOR]Form1_Load() [COLOR="blue"]Handles MyBase[/COLOR].Load
        [COLOR="blue"]Me[/COLOR].TopMost = [COLOR="blue"]True
    End Sub[/COLOR]

El Don said:
a form on top of everything, not stealing focus, and if she presses a key, for example "q", the message activates no matter what she is doing.
I bet she will be real happy to get a keylogger for her birthday :rolleyes:

I bet she will be real happy to get a keylogger for her birthday :rolleyes:

:D
actually is more like this:

I want a form to be on top of a game, which I know my girlfriend will be playing, because it will be a gift for her birthday. Since she doesn't know yet the game, the form will be concealed as part of the menu, so that when she presses a key, for example enter, the form will show a message, she will read it and its going to be "lovin' time" :p .
just kidding.

So in order to do that I figured the following characteristics for the form:

-To be on top of everything, including the game.

-To be active, without stealing focus, and anytime she presses the key, it shows the message, no matter what is going on in the game.

Thank you very much in advance, I know this is not very common, but those uncommon things are what really teach me new ways of solving problems

Last edited:
Back