Executing Qry on Dataset

khalik

Programming Experience
5-10
hi Gurus

I am planing to develop a offline custom reporting application. i have the entire data on the xml file and from which i have my dataset. the user will have a choice of select any fields and give any filter conditions. and i should be able to display according.

i have a logic of building qry and i am stuck with running a qry on dataset. suggest me something which can make my life easier.:D

Thanks

Look into the .SELECT function of the DataSet.... it returns an array of DataRows (which you can loop thorugh, or fill back into a datatable) and accepts a SQL as (one of) its parameters.

-tg

Thanks you very much , can i give the select list and the filter as well. i mean the entire SQL statment. it will be great if a code sample is give.:D

If I had some to give, I would, but I haven't used it personaly, just read up on it. It is my understanding that you can give it a full SQL statement, but I am not sure. That said, you may want to also look into the DataView class as it maybe more powerful than the simple .SELECT.

-tg

Back