Error - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

osani

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all,
I am trying to create a clinical trial database with attached forms for data entry.

I keep getting the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and i know this means something is null or not initialized but I am pulling my hair out.

I have no fancy methods or functions - the forms are simply text boxes, combo boxes, checkboxes, and radio buttons that insert patient information into a relational database, based on the answers to questions.

Can anybody offer any advise on figuring out the root of the problem so I can attempt to fix it?

mycommand.dispose()

Yes it is a new class for the questionnaire Dim q As New quest
- i finally got it to give me a more specific error but it just points to my line that says mycommand.dispose(), which is just the SQL command being disposed

osani said:
Hi all,
I am trying to create a clinical trial database with attached forms for data entry.

I keep getting the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and i know this means something is null or not initialized but I am pulling my hair out.

I have no fancy methods or functions - the forms are simply text boxes, combo boxes, checkboxes, and radio buttons that insert patient information into a relational database, based on the answers to questions.

Can anybody offer any advise on figuring out the root of the problem so I can attempt to fix it?

or post the code in which it throws error.

Back