Error - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

osani

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all,
I am trying to create a clinical trial database with attached forms for data entry.

I keep getting the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and i know this means something is null or not initialized but I am pulling my hair out.

I have no fancy methods or functions - the forms are simply text boxes, combo boxes, checkboxes, and radio buttons that insert patient information into a relational database, based on the answers to questions.

Can anybody offer any advise on figuring out the root of the problem so I can attempt to fix it?

brix_zx2

Programming Experience
1-3
Your Setting some kind of system object..... use Dim Somthing As New System object?

osani

Programming Experience
1-3
mycommand.dispose()

Yes it is a new class for the questionnaire Dim q As New quest
- i finally got it to give me a more specific error but it just points to my line that says mycommand.dispose(), which is just the SQL command being disposed

vbArch

Programming Experience
10+
If u are getting a dispose error, did u remember to put implements idisposable at the top of your class?

mzim

Programming Experience
1-3
osani said:
Hi all,
I am trying to create a clinical trial database with attached forms for data entry.

I keep getting the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and i know this means something is null or not initialized but I am pulling my hair out.

I have no fancy methods or functions - the forms are simply text boxes, combo boxes, checkboxes, and radio buttons that insert patient information into a relational database, based on the answers to questions.

Can anybody offer any advise on figuring out the root of the problem so I can attempt to fix it?
or post the code in which it throws error.

Top Bottom