Error in running Crystal Reports 10-Very Urgent

jelo

Programming Experience
Beginner
Dear All,

I have made a report in Visual Studio 2005 using the Crystal Report 10. Now when i deply my setup on the users pc it is not openin up n throwin the exception:

The type initializer for Crystaldecisions.crystalreports.engine.reportdocument threw an exception

Please any help is appreciated

Regards,
Jalaj

Include Dll's

You need to include the DLL's required to run the crystal report with the application. In the setup make sure that you have included the following DLL's

• CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll
  • CrystalDecisions.Web.dll(if it is a web application)
  • CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll
Incude these dll's and check out.

@Gopal

Thanks buddy,

But still m gettin the same error. It says the followin:

The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304'

I have included followin dll files in the Setup Project:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dll
CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll
CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll

It is workin very well on the PC where i developed the application but when i install on the client PC it shows the above error.

Please guide me as it is very urgent

I believe the preferred deployment method is by use of the Merge Modules, rather than including the individual dll's. The Crystal Reports (Business Objects) web site has extensive instructions for deployment on both .Net 1.1 and 2.0. The Merge Modules resolve all of the dependencies.

Back