Enter Parameter Value..but no forms, no queries nothing ??

NJDubois

Programming Experience
Beginner
Searching the net, I read someone is getting this error because they are using some other part of access. I am just using access to store data, I do all the work in a vb.net program.

There are many different versions of the database. The ones I have used as the project progressed and a few we have backed up from the client. They are all the same, 100% or at least as far as I can tell. We got a call from them saying they are having a problem with the program.

This Enter Parameter Value is the problem. It happens on only one table, and its asking for data for fields from another table.

They swear up and down they didn't do anything to the database. I have searched all over the database and I am beginning to agree. I can't find anything wrong? No forms, queries or expressions. I looked at the vb scripting and macros. All the field look up tabs. Everything is empty.

The program has never caused this to happen to me. The only time the program itself touches the database is with code generated 'SELECT', 'INSERT', and 'DELETE' statements that have never been an issue and work great.

It makes sense to me that when I open up the problematic table, somewhere access has something going on that it expects these values. I just can't find where!!! Once I find out where, I have to find out how.

I'm at an stop. I have no where else to move on this so any help is greatly appreciated!
Nick

The only matches I see for 'vb.net Enter Parameter Value' relates to Crystal Reports.

Crystal Reports is not being used by my program. Do you think the client used some outside program to make a report and this outside program left a mark somewhere
in the database that would require that program to identify?

Thanks for the fast reply. I know this isn't necessarily a .net issue and I appreciate the help that much more!
Nick

As far as the search results indicated such a message will not come from a .Net program, except from a misconfigured CR component as mentioned. From other uses of Access it seems quite common.

Back