Embed .dll Web Browser

bunze

Programming Experience
1-3
I added a web browser to my project. I needed to send a url that contained some info. (The info I needed to send was contained in the URL), so I did wb.navigate(url) and I guess thats the only way to do it.

The problem is that I had previously done this exact program in vb6 and there werent ANY .dll's I needed. I only needed the .exe. Well not in vb.net I need these .dll's or it doesn't work. so is there any way I can "add" the .dll's to my project so I can only need the .exe?

Thanks in advance

No there isn't. The additional assembly is required for your .NET app to interact with the COM WebBrowser control. If you start using .NET 2.0 it has a native .NET WebBrowser control so the interop assembly won't be required. That's just something that's required while migrating from one technology to another. Is it really such a big deal to include another assembly in your program folder?

I'm using VS.net 2002 version 7.0... Are you saying the version 5 below me has the native web browser? Then that wouldn't be .NET. I've never heard of .NET 2.

I'm talking about versions of the .NET platform, not versions of the VB language. VS.NET 2002 uses version 1.0 of the .NET Framework. VS.NET 2003 uses version 1.1 of the .NET Framework. VS 2005 uses version 2.0 of the .NET Framework. You must have been living in the .NET developer's equivalent of a cave to not have heard of the new version released last month. :)

Well im a pretty seasoned vb.net coder but I recently stopped to learn actionscript but then i realized AS sucks so I'm back.

express edition is free (if you download it till november 2006). it has some limitation but it's fully compatabile with pro version. btw i'm quite suprised to see microsoft giving away something that good for free. long live free stuff :)

PS. it's not called net 2, net 2.0 is the name of the new version of .net framework!

yes it is free but express editions are very (if i may) limited regard other editions. :(
Btw, notice that vs.net 2005 is the name of an IDE while .NET is a "software platform". It's a language-neutral environment for writing programs that can easily and securely interoperate. The components that make up .NET-the-platform are collectively called the .NET Framework and current version is 2.0 (FW v2.0)

However, don't worry too much ... there will be always something new that you can learn ...

Regards ;)

Edit: it seems like we posted in same time with Manic ... however both replies are matching each other :D

Actually, it's just VS 2005. Microsoft seem to have assumed that we all get the idea that they are fully .NET these days so they've dropped the .NET from pretty much everthing except the Framework itself. It's just Visual Basic 2005 and Visual Studio 2005. They probably still use C++.NET to distinguish it from unmanaged C++, which will never go away.

Back