Emails

MrReclusive

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a web form for vacation requests.
set it up for my employer.
it sends an email to our human resource department with all the required info.
but I want to be able to format the email to look a little better and to add some features like an "approve" button that would send an approval email, update calendars, and input a few records into into a database.

i tried this before, the page worked as a page but as soon as i put it in the email script all the quotations in the html freaked out the asp code and nothing worked.

how can I do this without these problems?

It's not possible to run asp code in an e-mail message. It should be plain HTML.

What you could do is put a page on the internet which can handle parameters from a GET method (as in http://somesite.tld/mypage.aspx?param1=blabla&param2=bla)

You can then put a link to this page in your e-mail. Whenever the user clicks on the link, the page will be called and you can run your code in the page.

Seeing that this is a .Net forum, I'm assuming when you say 'asp' code you're talking about the asp.net code behind file for the app, in which case you can easily format the email message however you want it to because you have direct access to the .Body property which is just a string.

Perhaps if you posted the code you have thusfar we can help you from there.

Back