dynamically load dll

IfYouSaySo

Programming Experience
3-5
Hey guys,

So I have this 3rd party .NET dll and everything works fine on my computer, but when I take the program to another computer it doesn't work. It has to do with the fact that the version of the 3rd party app is different on that computer so my prog can't find the right *version* of the dll and dies.

I think I have two options. Either dynamically load with reflection Assembly.Load() etc. or copy the local versions of the dll that I built against. Can someone give pros & cons on this? I'm guessing that if I copy the local dlls over then it's possible that the api is incompatible with the actual 3rd party app on that machine?

For more specific info, I'm using quickbooks DLL's to extract info out of a quickbooks database. There's regular editions of the software but my friend has enterprise edition...

Also, since I'm feeling particularly lazy does someone have a link to a site that shows an example of Assembly.Load. Actually the assembly load part isn't a big deal but then what's the right way to construct some particular object, call methods against it, etc.

Thanks for any info...

Back