Dynamic help in VS 2005...

Administrator

VB.NET Forum Admin
Programming Experience
10+
Anyone having a problem making it work? I haven't been able to use dynamic help in VS 2005. Any suggestions?

I guess you found the Options dialog.. hehe :) In the Express I use at the moment it's in Options (Show all settings), Environment, Help. I can only say it basically is working here. My setting is 'local first, then online'. There are 4 providers listed here: Local, MSDN Online, Codezone and Questions. What is not working is those topics not covered in the local Express MSDN edition, when Help is trying locate further info online I always get a 'not found' page.

Don't know if you got help system to work yet..

I just had a serious pc crash and had to reinstall everything, so I instead of just running the Express install from web I downloaded the iso image (the pc might go again..) Anyway, this time during the VS Express install the pc went blue screen, so I rebooted and ran install again with repair option. Express install was completed successfully, but when I started it up I found that local MSDN Express was not installed/available. So I looked at the contents of the burned cd image and found a MSDNExpress folder on root with a .msi file in it, ran it and checked the 'local first' option, now it works.

Baseline, if something wrong happens during install (without error message!) it's good to have the cd image available, and local MSDN can be re-installed afterwards and should plug in fine.

Back