disappearing datasets

JohnM

Programming Experience
1-3
I moved this question to this forum. I apologized for this.

I have been working on an application for over 6 months and suddenly I have been getting this error message " could not find type ...dataset", either undeclared or was never assigned..." There are 14 forms in this app. The ones that use datasets give me this error. What I have done is re-configure the adaptor and generate the dataset again and this seems to fix it. But knowing there are 14 forms in it, I don't relish reconfiguring all the datasets again. I get this error when I open a form to change the code. When I try to run the application it still works. When I view the form in design mode the datasets icons are no longer visible like they used to be.Yet the application still runs OK.

The only thing I have been doing differently is I have been rebuilding and building the app, using these commands from the top menu. In the past all I was doing was run the app and you could see the "building process" being done. Is it this building/rebuilding commands I am doing that is causing these errors? If the app can still run, are fixing these errors important?

Thank you for your time.

John M

Back