Developing Antivirus

Conejo

Programming Experience
1-3
So I am trying to develop an antivirus in VB.NET I want to make an Md5 Scanner so i have that part covered but now i was hoping to use Clamavs database for the viruss md5s but i cant seem to find how to use it how do intergrate it should i use special libraries?. Also how do i make the real-time work are there any special functions that could help me?
This is a challenge i know this is possible in C but i want to try it in VB.NET. Please tell me if im missing something.

I agree, you would at least want all of your own code protected, and not rely on base code that might be compromised from the get-go. The whole point is to detect and remove infections done to OS code, using said code wouldn't be very safe... Although most "viruses" these days are quite dumb, and aren't the incredible works of arts of 20 years ago.

i have decided to use a viruslist.txt i found 2 mb for the md5 hashes but i have discovered that this is a very old an inpractical method for av scanning. So maybe i will calculate the md5s of all files in pc and then check to see if they have changed by a replicating virus?
But yes as herman said viruses nowadays are nothing compared to the ones in the past, please tell me about a special function which could help me with the real-time scanning.

Last edited:
Back