Question Deplying ClickOnce Step by Step

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello there,
Yep its me again, I have found a version of Visual Studio 2008 Professional that I already own......silly me!
Any way I have installed it and got it running.....all good.
I have tested and debugged my project too....all running well.
NOW..... could someone please tell me (or point me in the right direction) to be able to take the files associated with my project and create a windows installer that I can then burn on to CD.

I am unable to even find ClickOnce on Visual Studio 2008......! (even after reading pages and pages of documentation in help.....Please Help....hehehehe

Thanks in advance for your comments

greying...

I'm in the same boat... but have VS 2008 Standard and VB 2010 Express. I see no replies here, did you have any luck getting going with deployment?

It's time for deploying to end users. Ideally I'd like to put the installation onto my website (hosted by GoDadddy), and use ClickOnce. It sounds great from what I've read, but just can't seem to get off the ground. I don't see it in VS 2008 Standard, so maybe I'll have to upgrade to Pro version?

Does ClickOnce work on 3rd party websites? How is it implemented? I've spent hours trying to figure this out, but so far I'm limited to putting Setup.exe and the associated files (as if they were on a CD) into a Zipped file and letting the user download that, unzip it, and run Setup. It'd be great to get it to deploy from the website, and check for updates.

Anybody? Thanks.

Back