Error executing SSIS package from source control

scottcabral79

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi,
I am currently using visual studio 2012 ultimate edition and I am trying to execute an SSIS package that has been checked out of TFS.
I can open the package, modify any of the steps, but when I try to execute the package or even execute any step of the package i receive the following rather 'cryptic' error:
****************************************************************************************************
Failed to execute the package or element. Build errors were encountered. For more information, see the Output window.
Error 39 Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsRuntimeException: The package failed to load due to error 0xC0011008 "Error loading from XML. No further detailed error information can be specified for this problem because no Events object was passed where detailed error information can be stored.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The package failed to load due to error 0xC0011008 "Error loading from XML. No further detailed error information can be specified for this problem because no Events object was passed where detailed error information can be stored.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails. at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSPackagePersist100.LoadPackageFromXML(Object vSource, Boolean vbSourceIsLocation, IDTSEvents100 pEvents) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Package.LoadFromXML(String packageXml, IDTSEvents events) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Package.LoadFromXML(String packageXml, IDTSEvents events) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Project.LoadPackage(IProjectStorage storage, Package package, String streamName, IDTSEvents events) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.PackageItem.Load(IDTSEvents events) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.PackageItem.get_Package() at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Project.DataTransformationsProjectBuilder.IncrementalBuildThroughObj(IOutputWindow outputWindow) at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Project.DataTransformationsProjectBuilder.BuildIncremental(IOutputWindow outputWindow) 0 0
****************************************************************************************************
A few other things:
I have multiple version of VS on my machine (2008, 2010, and 2012). I also have multipe version of SQL Server (2005, 2008R2, 2012).
I also decided to create a new integration services project from scratch on my local machine. I imported the package that is giving me the error above into this project and it works fine.
Other people on my team also have the same setup as myself and they do not have any issues executing the package after checking out of TFS.
I was wondering if there were some more detailed error logging that I can check to see what the issue might be? Also, at this point I was thinking of just uninstalling and reinstalling vs 2012 from scratch. HAving said that, should i also uninstall sql 2012 or just leave it as it and just focus on vs 2012?
thanks
Scott

Back