Deployment

lalitprimus

Programming Experience
3-5
How can i make setup file so thay there would be no need of loading frame work in client machine

If what you meant was let setup project detect and install .Net when needed with VB2003 you need Visual Studio .NET Bootstrapper. .Net applications need .Net Framework to run.

dear i have developed an application using framework 1.1 now i have to deliver to client where i 'll install in 10 machines. As in vb-6 we are making package and install in user machine just running the setup . similar fashion i need to make a installable package that should have all the relevant file to run the program. Currently i'm installing whole vb.net in each client machine that is very cumbersome and unprofessional. Guide me to overcome this problem.

You should probably upgrade to Visual Studio 2008. Microsoft also has free Express versions of its products.

VStudio 2008 has a Setup Project Template already in it.

Not the 2008 Express edition, the setup and deployment projects are in VS 2008 Pro and higher. The Standard and Express editions only support the Click Once deployment

Back