Deployment Setup Wizard Incomplete?

ccbryan

Programming Experience
5-10
Hello folks. Newbie here.. I have developed a VB.NET project in VS2005 that connects to a SQL database, queries some data into a dataset, and runs a CrystalReport against it into a CrystalReportViewer on my main form. This works very nicely in debug mode.

When I build/compile it into the Release folder and put the resulting exe and config files onto a client's machine however, I immediately get an error saying
"Could not load file or assembly CrystalDecisions.windows.forms, version 10.2.3600.0, Culture= neutral, etc.."
I have added references in the project for all the CrystalDecisions things I can find, including CrystalDecisions.windows.forms, but to no avail. This, plus the fact that my code includes a reference to the Crystal reports .rpt file, convinced me that I need to do a Setup Project and include the CrystalDecisions dll and my .rpt file (right?).

OK, well and good and I pulled out my Exam 70-306 Training Guide and started following the steps for Deploying a Windows Application via the Setup Wizard, but I am encountering a problem I completely fail to understand. The Guide, as well as various online tutorials I have checked, all show that wizard as having 5 screens... When I create a Setup and Deployment project and invoke the setup wizard, there are only 4 screens (the title bars say 1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc.). And the screen that is missing is "Choose project outputs to include." Creating the setup project without using the wizard, I can't find where to attach my actual project to be deployed.

2 questions, then. One, am I thinking the right way about how to go about deploying this thing? Two, what could be up with the Deployment Setup Wizard and how can I get around it?

Help??

Thanks...

Back