Question Deployment Issues

Programming Experience
Beginner
I developed an application in VB.NET 2008 express that connects to a MS Access DB over the network. Throughout the process I tested this app on other computers to make sure that it would work. Everything was fine until today. When I copy the debug folder with the exe and all (as I successfully did in the past) the application crashes on the splash screen and gives a MS error. The only thing that has changed (aside from regular code enhancement) was that I used the publishing wizard. I tried to use the setup that was created and that bombs out as well. Any help is appreciated.

Matt

I figured it out. It turns out I was using MS VB PowerPacks 1.2 in my app. I think I added a PrintScreen function that is part of the PowerPack. I’m guessing this occurred in-between trial runs on different systems. I added PowerPacks 1.2 as a PreReq in the publisher and it works. I figured it was a reference issue but just clicking on the exe didn’t tell me anything. I had to use the published version for it to spit out an error.

Back