Deploying Application

HarisMasood

Programming Experience
5-10
Dear All
I have developed a windows service and installed on development machine using installutil.exe.After testing I published the service with installer.

On production machine I have .net framework 2.0 installed.Also a ASP.net website hosted there and it is working fine.But when i run windows service setup over there It generates an error that service cannot be installed Please see below.Due to some constraints I cannot install MSVisual studio 2005 over the production environment.

1.jpg

It is as said, after deployed it must be installed as service with InstallUtil and then started. Is your "installer" MSI or ClickOnce? MSI setup project allow you to specify a custom action parameter to install/uninstall the service, see post 7 here http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/showthread.php?t=12083 ClickOnce don't allow any setup customization, so you would have to perform that step manually from that machine. It is plausible to think that installing a Windows Service requires administrative user account privilegies.

Latest posts

Back