Debugging COM interop with Visual Studio 2005

technonewbie

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello Everyone,

I am out of ideas, and I would like to see if you could guide me.

It happends that I need to create a Visual Basic.NET GUI for a VB6 application. I already registered the COM DLL and reference it properly. However, when I debug the application, it is giving me an OutofMemory handling error in one of the methods of my COM object.

Until now, it has been really difficult to know what is triggering the error since I can not step into the COM method where the error is been triggered. By chance, do you know if it is possible to use the Visual Studio 2005 debugger to step into the COM interop?

Any help or new ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

PS just as a note, the VB6 application has already been tested with a VB6 interface and is working correctly.

OutOfMemoryException when loading Form of COM component

Hello everyone,

I am creating a .NET GUI interface for a COM application, and I have already registered and referenced correctly the COM files.

The program has to load a Form from the COM files; however, it triggers an OutOfMemoryException when it tries to open the form. The same COM application loads perfectly the form using a user interface designed with VB6, so I do not think is a memory issue the one that is triggering the error.

Do you have any ideas why the error is happening?

Thanks

Back