Debug added module class

g000we

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello,

I am wondering if any of you can help me!

I have a vb.NET project with an added class library (different project).
When I try to run the program (to debug) I get the attached message..

(Error message: "The following module was built either with optimizations enabled or without debug information: ~.dll To debug this module, change its build configuration to Debug mode. To supress this message.. ")

I have tried setting all the compile and building settings to cater for debugging (as well as advanced options of giving full debug information). I have even tried removing the sub project (class library) and then re-attaching it.

Both of these methods failed, so I am not sure why it's happening! Why can't I debug the code?
Please any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_err_1jun07.jpg
    debug_err_1jun07.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 30
I added it as a project. I have tried to edit the project seperatly but it looks like it has molded itself into the main project.

huh? You mean you added it to the solution? Post a screenshot of your Solution Explorer window

There may be other situations too but I've received that message when I have a Release build of a library installed in the GAC when I'm debugging the solution it's part of. The application will use the Release version GAC in preference to the local Debug version. Removing the assembly from the GAC fixed the issue.

Back