Datagrid+dataview

Astie

Programming Experience
Beginner
hello,

i've got a datagrid and a dataview. Now i've linked the datagrid to the dataview so ik kan sort en filter text easy. Now i've got a multi-line textbox called memo. ive got this so i can type some relevant info that doest belong in the datagrid. I've binded it to my dataview sothat when i click on a row in the datagrid it shows the memo of that row. Now when i want to edit that text in the memo textbox and update my dataset (where my dataview is linked to) it doesnt update my memo textbox. how can i make this happen

cheers nicky

vis781 said:
Your gonna have to show us some code. The part with your sql and your update statement would be helpful.

oke i can understand but i do everything from within visual studio 2003, only code i add is that when i push button "Save" my oledbdataadapter must update my dataset

So what is happening..

Are you getting an exception?
Is it doing anything at all?

There must be somthing amiss here because if you make changes to a control that is bound to a datatable then the changes are automatically reflected in the datatable.

P.s have you tried using endcurrentedit on the datarow you are editing.

I can assure you its not vs.net. As i stated above have you tried calling the end current edit method, after you have finshed entering the data.

vis781 said:
I can assure you its not vs.net. As i stated above have you tried calling the end current edit method, after you have finshed entering the data.

oke 'll try that tonight, i'm at work now, its 10:30 in the morning here :)

i've tried the function [SIZE=-1]Me.BindingContext(DataSet11, "table1").EndCurrentEdit() but it doenst work.
Still the same problem that it only works with the first row in the datagrid. the rest of the textboxes doesnt update
[/SIZE]

Back