Database Connection

keko2004

Programming Experience
1-3
questions about db access

hey guys. was wondering how to go about make a couple of things properly. first off i have 4 tables in a ms sql db that i need to connect. i noticed that there is 2 ways to go about this. 1st i can make a connection class with adapter and data set for each table. or i can make one class with one connection and use multiple adapters and datasets with that 1 connection instead of having 4 class'. which is better to do?

now for editing a row in my table. is there a way i can have the user just select the row from the datagrid and make an edit button which will then open up an edit form? if so how can i go about doing this, or which is a better way.

and 1 more thing but is not as imporant as the others. im using datagrid and i was wondering if there is something better looking like the grid in excel for instance? like i said not as important.

thanks

I don't know where is this question belongs to and sorry again to trouble any of you.

(Attachment Removed)

Problems:
  1. It says that Connection was not closed everytime I click the edit form
  2. No given value for one or more required parameters
  3. At Edit form, when I click the navigation button, the ID text was changing but not the other 2 textbox.
  4. The listview hasn't list what it supposed to list
Thanks Kulrom for displaying datacolumn in listview example. I try to follow that, but perhaps I could not understand it very well. Need to study and understand it again :eek: .

A million thanks in advance :D
Lizzy

Last edited:
Back