Database Connection

keko2004

Programming Experience
1-3
questions about db access

hey guys. was wondering how to go about make a couple of things properly. first off i have 4 tables in a ms sql db that i need to connect. i noticed that there is 2 ways to go about this. 1st i can make a connection class with adapter and data set for each table. or i can make one class with one connection and use multiple adapters and datasets with that 1 connection instead of having 4 class'. which is better to do?

now for editing a row in my table. is there a way i can have the user just select the row from the datagrid and make an edit button which will then open up an edit form? if so how can i go about doing this, or which is a better way.

and 1 more thing but is not as imporant as the others. im using datagrid and i was wondering if there is something better looking like the grid in excel for instance? like i said not as important.

thanks

Hi there Kulrom,

Could you give an example of using list view? (Oops.. maybe I should check this first in this forum if there's example on using listview. Sorry...)

Let say in Invoice form, to list all the items and price, instead of using datagrid, how can we used list view to this?

Lizzy

Beleive me, you can use ListView in almost every scenario. Today, on the market practically you can't find commercial app which doesn't use this control considering not only .NET control but also ListView controls made with JAVA (applet listView as well), DELPHI, C/C++ etc.
Ok let's stop argue about it but rather let me show you an example how to use listview for invoices ... actually i'll make a demo for the purpose just give me couple minutes.

Back