Tip Custom Scroll Bar

Geysser

Programming Experience
5-10
I'm developing a media player in VB.NET and, being somewhat dissapointed by the standard controls of Toolbox, I've decided to create my own. All of them will be included in a Control Pack, and so far I've created only a scroll bar.
Some points of interest, concerning this scrollbar, which I call MediaBoxScrollBar (my media player is called MediaBox):

1)The design of the scroll bar is influenced by the scrollbars found in the Blender 2.5 software. I like the rounded style and the gradient effects.
2)Since it's my first time in control creation in a serious manner, I expect the control to be a bit buggy. I've tested it and it works as expected, but I don't know what might come up.
3)Commenting the code was never my strong point. So, I apologize to anyone who gets confused.
4)Feel free to test it, used it, change it or throw it away! Just give me a notice!
5)Enjoy...and give a bit of feedback! :D

Attachments

• MediaBoxPack.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've decided to make a few more changes.
The controls I've created - including the scroll bar - are now in a big pack called "GControlsPack". The ScrollBar is now called "GScrollBar". Just ignore the Analog clock - it's not finished yet!

Here it is, along with a test application that - hopefully! - does something like what you want. Change anything you find...and be careful when resizing the bar! There are a few bugs there!

Attachments

• GControlPack.zip
    39.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Scrollbars Test.zip
    21 KB · Views: 252
Custom Scrollbar

Hi,
I tried your custom scrollbar and it's looking good and you have many possibilities to set the properties.
But the question is:
How can I replace a scrollbar of a control which is shown automatically when the control inicates it?
For example: a flowlayoutpanel, or a datagridview or something similar...

regards
Dietrich

That's not easy! From the little I know, you have to subclass the control.It's way easier - and safer! - to built a substitute from scratch - say, your own container.

I'm developing a media player in VB.NET and, being somewhat dissapointed by the standard controls of Toolbox, I've decided to create my own. All of them will be included in a Control Pack, and so far I've created only a scroll bar.
Some points of interest, concerning this scrollbar, which I call MediaBoxScrollBar (my media player is called MediaBox):

1)The design of the scroll bar is influenced by the scrollbars found in the Blender 2.5 software. I like the rounded style and the gradient effects.
2)Since it's my first time in control creation in a serious manner, I expect the control to be a bit buggy. I've tested it and it works as expected, but I don't know what might come up.
3)Commenting the code was never my strong point. So, I apologize to anyone who gets confused.
4)Feel free to test it, used it, change it or throw it away! Just give me a notice!
5)Enjoy...and give a bit of feedback! :D

Thanks for this great customization. I'd like to ask you if it's possible to link this scrollbar with a listbox? I mean use this scrollbar instead of the listbox' default. I've already deleted the default listbox' scrollbar but how to replace it with yours? Thanks

Back