Converting images, overwrite option help

fisherboy998

Programming Experience
Beginner
Good afternoon everyone :)
I'm working on a program that converts images, and it works fine.
I'm currently working on a piece of code that tells what to do when the file already exists.

The situation:I got the converting system in the main form (form1),
then i got a second form (instellingen) in which you can set preferences/settings.
But the user can select 8 different type of extensions to convert to (.jpeg, .bmp, .gif, etc...)
so if I would use the following piece of code i have to set it for every extension seperately...

everything works well but i'm currently wondering if there's a more efficient way to use the following piece of code:
(it's just about the part that tells you what to do when the file exists, the rest is to clear things up a little)

'Count items in list to convert'
                For Each item As ListViewItem In ListView1.Items

'Convert size'
                    Dim original As Image = Image.FromFile(item.Text & "\" & item.SubItems(1).Text & item.SubItems(2).Text)
                    Dim newbmp As New Bitmap(original, TextBox1.Text, TextBox2.Text)
                    Dim gp As Graphics = Graphics.FromImage(newbmp)

'Save the file
                    Dim strfilename As String

'Count how many files are in the directory
                    Dim counter = My.Computer.FileSystem.GetFiles(TextBox3.Text)
                    Dim intCount As Integer
                    intCount = CStr(counter.Count)

If Instellingen.RadioButton1.Checked = True Then
                        If ComboBox1.SelectedItem = ".Jpeg" Then
                            strfilename = "afbeelding" & intCount + 1
                            If File.Exists(TextBox3.Text & "\" & strfilename & ".Jpeg") = True Then
                                If Instellingen.RadioButton3.Checked = True Then
                                    strfilename = "afbeelding" & intCount + 1 & "(2)"
                                    newbmp.Save(TextBox3.Text & "\" & strfilename & ".Jpeg", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg)
                                ElseIf Instellingen.RadioButton4.Checked = True Then
                                    newbmp.Save(TextBox3.Text & "\" & strfilename & ".Jpeg", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg)
                                ElseIf Instellingen.RadioButton5.Checked = True Then
                                End If
                            ElseIf File.Exists(TextBox3.Text & "\" & strfilename & ".Jpeg") = False Then
                            End If

Last edited by a moderator:
Back