convert text to speech in vb.net

uma

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,
Am working in vb.net.I want to convert text to speech in my project.For eg:i have few names in my list box.When i select a name that name should be heard.Hope u understand what am telling.S there any property for that in vb.net.

Waiting for ur reply.please.......:)

i downloaded the spokenword.exe and when i tried to run the exe a just in time debugging box opening saying that

'An Exception'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occured in spokenword.exe

and then it shows some Possible debuggers

i have .NET installed in my system

i installed microsoft speech engine also.

Plz help me!

mourya, the file missing is the Interop.Word.dll. You have to install MS Word/Office 9 to get this.
These object libraries can't be distributed unless the receiver already got licence for it.

mourya, download the source, see there if your newer Word object library is compatible. If so, compile and you are set.

Nothing works

Actually i am doing a project on image processing.I need Simple TTS engine as a module for that.I heard that TTS is very easy to build in vb.net.So, plz provide me some simple code so that i will try to merge it with my project

THanks

Download and install the SpeechSDK51.exe from above link, go in your application and Add Reference in the COM page you will find Microsoft Speech Object Library, now you can run this simple code:
VB.NET:
Dim s As New SpeechLib.SpVoice
s.Speak("hello speaker")

Back