complete installer for both C++ and C#

johnyjj2

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello!

I installed MS Visual C++ (Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition) and some time later C# (Visual C# 2008 Express Edition). Then problems with C++ began. I uninstalled C++ (there were errors because I previously installed it on external drive to which I don't have access now). I tried to install C++ again but it couldn't (errors at the end). I run installer again (it had to download all of those things again - is there any way to download complete installer, not this 2.5MB installer which downloads those thing? it asks me at the beginning to choose either to download it from internet or choose where I've got CD with complete install. I tried to look for iso for this complete download but I couldn't find it). By the way, when I look for MS Visual C++ in google, it shows me at first results for 2005, later for 2008. Is it good to choose 2008 or is still 2005 in use much more often than 2005?

My questions are: Is there any file which I can download to have complete installer (not internet-based installer) for both C++ and C#?

Greetings!

http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/ at the bottom you'll see an 'Offline Install' section, click the download link right below the dropdown that says 'English' it'll download an almost 900 MB file (might take a while) but it's the full dvd iso image in which you can burn to DVD or use a program like Daemon Tools to install without downloading anything else from the web.

There's no reason to use 2005 over 2008 these days unless you need compatibility with someone else who is using 2005. Generally that would only be people using VS 2005 that they've paid for and don't want to pay for an upgrade. Given that the Express editions are free, there's really no reason not to upgrade.

VS 2010 is available now in beta but I wouldn't suggest using that other than for testing purposes. The final release should be in less than six months.

Back