Cannot run debugger - VS .net version 2003 in Vista

hjazz

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all,

I'm new to programming using MS Visual Studio. I have installed VS .net (version 2003) on my PC running Windows Vista. I know there are "known compatibility issues", but I need to test the program I've written on an older version of VS, for backward compatibility testing purposes. The system that will eventually be running the program is an older system.

When I wrote a simple Hello World program, I can't even debug it. I get the error message "'devenv.exe' does not contain debugging information. (No symbols loaded.) Click OK to debug anyway.". When I clicked OK, it simply opens another instance of VS, not my program.

Is there a way to get around this problem, or is Vista simply not compatible with this version of VS?

Thank you.

Regards,
Rayne

Hi all,

I'm new to programming using MS Visual Studio. I have installed VS .net (version 2003) on my PC running Windows Vista. I know there are "known compatibility issues", but I need to test the program I've written on an older version of VS, for backward compatibility testing purposes. The system that will eventually be running the program is an older system.

When I wrote a simple Hello World program, I can't even debug it. I get the error message "'devenv.exe' does not contain debugging information. (No symbols loaded.) Click OK to debug anyway.". When I clicked OK, it simply opens another instance of VS, not my program.

Is there a way to get around this problem, or is Vista simply not compatible with this version of VS?

Thank you.

Regards,
Rayne
It's the other way around, that version of VS isn't supported on anything other than Win2k and WinXP, that's it.

Back