can I use a java menu?

Kristi3

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi everyone:) Is there any way to include a nice .htm file as my menu bar that I created in Fireworks in my .aspx web form?

When I am in design view in Visual Studio, and import a menu, I lose the capability to edit anything else in design view.....

Any ideas anyone?

thanks

no biggie:) I'm new - can you elaborate a bit? where in the code behind do I place it. I'm trying to make my menu's look a little better. Right now I'm just using a string of hyperlinks. I like what I can do with fireworks, and the mouse over and mouse down properties. Just trying to implement this in my web form....Do you use Visual Studio?

What I used to do was copy the <table> tag in the htm file and place it in my webpages. This is an easy way of doing it. You just need to export your menu from fireworks as html and then you should be able to copy the code and place it in your asp page.

Levy

Of course that I'm using Visual Studio .NET (Enterprise Edition) but mostly for windows forms and not for asp.net (web forms). I haven't worked with asp.net for long time ... ;) However you could explain your idea from closer and i'll try to help you out ... then, what is the object that you want to react on mouse over and mouse down properties?
waiting for your feedback ... Cheers ;)

ok, I have a web form, and a simple menu bar (all hyperlinks) very ugly:) I want to display my menu more like a line of buttons that on mouse over event change colors and what not. I can make that in fireworks, but don't know how to include the code (I'm guessing in the html) to show it on the web page. I'm not sure how to integrate the .htm file I created in Fireworks....

I have an table on my webform do I set the file as background? sce??

levyuk said:
In the fireworks html file you will need to open that and copy the menu. Then on the web form paste the menu.

my events like onmouseover show a blank file over the button...I pasted it exactly and works when I look at the file in my browser, just not my project...

any ideas anyone???

thanks for all the input!
kristin

Haven't got a clue sorry, it might just be the way that visual studio handles rollovers and the type of menu you have. You may have to just live with it.

Back