Can I ask a Java/HTML question?

skaryChinezeGuie

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am putting a flash player on my website. I was wondering if it was possible for the player to automaticly go to the next clip rather than have 50 players because photobucket only allows 5 minute clips. I have broken up the video into 5 minute clips and want to play one after the other. Here are the codes i need combined.

VB.NET:
<embed allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal"  width="352" height="308" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="[COLOR=black]tp://s113.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=tp://vid113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/skarychinezeguie/Disinformation-TheCompleteSeries-CD.flv"></embe[/COLOR]

<embed allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal"  width="352" height="308" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="[COLOR=black]tp://s113.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=tp://vid113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/skarychinezeguie/Disinformation-TheCompleteSeries-1.flv"></embe[/COLOR]
:D

This forum doesnt seem to create code boxes of a limited size (with scrollbars) so take care not to post strings that are exceptionally wide..

As to the question, do you have the option of finding another host for your clips? I'll ask your question around another forum's html section to save you signing up there, and relay any answers I receive.

You may find that this thread is moved to a more "general non vb" discussion area, as it's a little beyond the scope of the forum and the moderators here are pretty hot on ensuring stuff is in the most apt place.. I personally would have put it in ASP.net section as the guys there are more geared to web design, but exactly which forum within, i'm not sure (maybe "Using components/controls?")

Last edited:
i could host them somewhere else. I'm just wondering what the syntax would be on something like that. like http:xxxxxxxxxx then http:xxxxxxxxxxx or what?

Do you have Flash?
If so you can create a swf that plays the flv files one after the other.

Be sure your webserver is configured to handle the flv mime type.

I do have flash. see what i'm doing is splitting up a 60 minute clip and hosting them on photobucket, which truncates after 5 min. i'm really not savy in this area. How do i create the swf file?

Back