ByRef vs ByVal

If you tell us exactly what your teacher told you, then we'll be able to tell you either:

a) what he meant or,
b) where he wasnt quite right

It would be a good thing to take back to him: Either he isn't correct about the way things work, or the way he taught it to you has resulted in you not understanding the way it works.. In either case, I think he'd value the feedback; some update to his knowledge or the way he passes it may be required

He told me what I wrote in the first post
I can't give him feedback, as I'm not in school anymore

And you couldnt drop him an e mail? I knew my senior lecturer's email address for many years after I left uni.. I'm sure he'd have time to discuss anything with a former pupil; all my past masters enjoyed hearing how their progeny were doing

I'll try to see if I can find his email address, but I lost lots of them some time ago

Organisations usually have some form of staff lookup facility on their website, if you can remember his name (he really made an impact huh? :) )

I can remember the names of my teachers... but I'm not 100% sure which of the programming teachers told me that, so there's a 50/50 chance of picking the right one :)

Back