buy .net book or wait for .net2

witzulu

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi

I am interisted in buying the following book and was wondering if I should buy it now or wait until a new version that is compliant with .net2 (visual studio 2005) becomes available.

The book is : MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements

That depends whether you intend to use VS 2003 or 2005. If you intend to use 2005 then you should have literature that is for .NET 2.0. Otherwise you should get books for .NET 1.1, which may or may not become cheaper when the 2.0 editions are released.

If I was in your place, I would buy (if I have money of course) every book that is available... I'm a hungry mind btw. JK :D

Do you want to learn? Yes!!! So, start buying books of VB.NET (2002/2003 or 2005) that you can pay for and have time to read. That’s the only way how you can learn and of course by visiting the current forum regularly. :rolleyes:

Just one more note. (in my opinion) Book is required when you are very new to the thing and you don't know where to start from ... otherwise, forums actually, entire Internet is a better source for learning about VB.NET or any other language.

Happy learning :)

Cheers ;)

a good book to start with is microsoft visual basic .NET reloaded we use it in my class and it's really good and it even comes with a free 6 cd of visual basic studio :D

HI,

Did you ever heard that Microsoft has special program which offers to students MS products free of charge ... actually available for purchase by students for the price of the CDs (typically a few dollars) for educative purpose (colleges, high schools ...). Also for distributers but it doesn't matter in this topic ... :)
And, if you try to buy this book out of school ... in the nearest book store you'll see what it comes with ... with "NOTHING" :D and for these 6 CDs you should pay about $800 :(

Cheers ;)

Back