button with a symbol?

prakash77

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi frieds, i developing my stock management system...in the welcome screen i want to put a enter button with a symbol as in computer keyboard........how can i get that symbol in button Text.......pls reply...thnks in advance.......

What do you mean by symbol? Do you mean display an image on the button or finding a certain character(s) within a font?

Assuming your mean system symbols, you will find the Character Map built in to Windows useful - although you can't guarantee that all symbols will work.

You will find the Character Map here;
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map

Symbol

hi friend, in all keyboards we have a symbol for "ENTER " button near to that.......like arrow with some extension in upper side...... similar that i want to put that symbol in my button........ how can i put?? pls help me....

Hello,

I see what you mean. Well, first you have to obtain the symbol your looking for - like the one I have attached. Best option would be to attach images to your buttons.

Attachment: enter.png

Once you have your symbol in a bitmap, look at the properties for the button you wish to add the symbol to. In the properties window, change the Image property to the bitmap that holds an image of your symbol.

Now to fix up the position of the image and the text, use the property item TextImageRelation in the properties window. Alternatively, you can also use ImageAlign and TextAlign properties.

Is this what your looking for?

Back