Bulk attach Album Art to MP3 Track using VBA

mond007

Programming Experience
10+
Hi (Apologies if this is a repeat but I don't think so).

I have 50gb worth of MP3 files that I wish to attach album art to. They are all in a very thought out directory structure as follows :

01 Religious Music
01 Album01
Religious_AlbumArt01.jpg
Track01
Track02

01 Album02
Religious_AlbumArt02.jpg
Track01
Track02

02 Classical Music
01 Album01
Classical_AlbumArt01.jpg
Track01
Track02

01 Album02
Classical_AlbumArt02.jpg
Track01
Track02

So it is my intention to use VBA code to go through the directory structure opening up Track01 & Track two for Album01 & 02 and attaching the Religious_AlbumArt01.jpg to both Tracks.

I can do the search of directories code but what I am unsure of is how to attach the Religious_AlbumArt01.jpg to the MP3.

I have look at the following to no avail.

VBA READ/WRITE .MP3 & .WMA PROPERTIES (SOLVED)
FreeVBCode code snippet: Extract the ID3 Tag from an mp3 File
Read MP3 header information and read/write the ID3v1 tag - CodeProject
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...015/mp3-tag-editor-and-excel-vba?forum=isvvba

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

VBA is not supported here, this is a VB.Net forum. With .Net you can use a ID3 .Net library to manipulate ID3 tags, there are several free libraries available on web, you need one that supports ID3v2, for example id3lib - The ID3v1/ID3v2 Tagging Library.

Bulk attach Album Art to MP3 Track using VB.Net

Ok, thats great, happy to do it in VB.Net, will change the title to VB.Net

I will have a look at what you have suggested. "you need one that supports ID3v2, for example id3lib - The ID3v1/ID3v2 Tagging Library"

Will continue my reading up of the subject. Seems a daunting task, but I need to do this to bring all my old recording into the 21st centuary, otherwise I will and up in the dark ages.

Thanks

Back