Building an app on a new install of VS .NET 2003

lmnt

Programming Experience
Beginner
First off, I am not a programmer. I am a sysadmin who has been tasked with making some changes to some reports created by someone else. All I am doing is making small changes to exisiting, working code. In this example, I am simply changing a word on some outputed text, but here is my problem:

I have a pc with VS .NET 2003 with a solution on it that I can succesfully make a minor change, create an EXE, copy it to the production environment and it works perfectly.

I installed a new pc, installed VS .NET 2003, copied the source code over to the new pc, but if I make the same change, compile the EXE and copy it to the production environment, it crashes when it is run.

I would guess something in the development environment doesnt match but what steps can I take to determine what I am missing?

The .NET versions information is the same, there is a Data Dynamics report addon that I installed (same version) and I dont get any errors building the exe. What else can I check?

Thanks for any help!

When the exe is run, the error message that pops up is:

Window Title : Showreport.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Service

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x8e0 (2722), Thread id=0xb28 (2856).

Click OK to terminate the application.

Click CANCEL to debug the application.

Thanks in advance for any input, I really appreciate it. This is really frustrating for me.

Back