Bolding text in MsgBox?

Troy

Programming Experience
10+
Hey guys I'm wanting to bold some of my text in my msgBox.

Is there perhaps a chr() value that will enable bold and disable bold?

Here is my msgbox string;
VB.NET:
[SIZE=2]DeleteMessage = MsgBox([/SIZE][B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"You are about to delete the record for ["[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] & [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ActiveMdiChild.Name & [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"]"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=2] & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"If you click yes, you won't be able to undo this Delete operation!"[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] & Chr(13) & [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Are you sure you want to delete this record?"[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2], MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation + MsgBoxStyle.YesNo, [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Delete ["[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] & [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ActiveMdiChild.Name & [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"]"[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2])[/SIZE]
What I have made bold here is what I want to be bold in my msgbox. I have created it so far to resemble the MsgBox in Access.

This creates this window:
mydelete.JPG

Microsoft's looks like this:
theirdelete.JPG

I see I can use ascII carriage returns work but is there something I can use to for example just bold where is says You are about to delete the record ......?

Last edited:
Back