Barcode

raghava

Programming Experience
1-3
hi
hi
I need to collect the barcode return by the barcode reader which is connected like AT-5 pin

I need to read and generate barcode through my program.
any body please throw some light in this issue.

thanks in advance
RAGHAVA.

If the barcode reader is connected to the AT-5 pin, I do not see a need for programming. Because it just interferes/bypass your keyboard. Just put a focus/cursor to the wanted field and activate the barcode scanner. You should be able to read the decoded string in plain ASCII.

If you want to try, just use notepad and you'll see ot works :)

thank u very much for ur great help.
this time I need to generate barcode on 40 column printer or thermal printer through my vb.net program.:)
pls help me.

Best Regards
Raghava

what you need is just the font... no need to reinvent something new. code 39 font is available freely on the net, though some are still charging it.

Asides, you just deal with VB .Net printing :)

Hi,

I have the same problem with raghava, it just that mine look more complicated..

I have a 2D Barcode PDF-417 with an ASCII data which is converted from Binary..

The problem is, when I scan the 2D Barcode with my barcode scanner from Notepad, it showing me some weird character, then it start printing something by it's own..

I'm guessing that when I convert a binary data to ASCII, it will be convert into some windows controller code.. or something like that..

This is the chronology..

(i) Store an image into a buffer...
(ii) Convert the buffer into ASCII
(iii) Generate 2D Barcode PDF417 based on the (ii)
(iv) Print the 2D Barcode to a paper.
(v) Using 2D Barcode Scanner, scan the barcode into notepad.. (this is where the problem happen)

I am hoping someone can guide me, or give me any idea on how to read the data from this barcode and reconvert in back to binary/buffer..

Thanks

~Leybra

Back