Background Worker Problem

FuZion

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey there,

I'm having some problems with a background worker accessing for elements. I know there is a certain way to do it (from google/ VS help), but I'm having trouble understanding it. I was hoping someone here could give me a quick explanation to help me out.

Here is my code if it helps!

VB.NET:
#Region "BG WORKER METHODS"
    Private Sub bgWrkAddSheet_ProgressChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.ProgressChangedEventArgs) Handles bgWrkAddSheet.ProgressChanged
        pgrssAddSheet.Value = e.ProgressPercentage
    End Sub

Private Sub bgWrkAddSheet_DoWork(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs) Handles bgWrkAddSheet.DoWork
        svc_sheet_add.add()
    End Sub

Private Sub bgWrkAddSheet_RunWorkerCompleted(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs) Handles bgWrkAddSheet.RunWorkerCompleted
        MsgBox("Service Sheet for " & svc_sheet_add.sheet_date & " added!")

txtDate.Text = ""
        txtNumber.Text = ""
        cmbAccount.SelectedIndex = Nothing
        openFileSvcSheet.FileName = ""
        lblFileTxt.Text = ""
    End Sub

By the way, service_sheet_add is a class that has a method called add which is run in the new thread.

Thank you!

So what's the problem? Are we supposed to work out what the problem is as well as how to solve it? It's your project so you tell us. What is happening that shouldn't, or what is not happening that should?

In the mean time you might like to read this.

Back