ASP.Net Server configuration question

mpdillon

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am trying to set up my first ASP.Net server. I have installed IIS and the .Net Framework 2.0 because I am creating a web application in VB.Net 2005. I have successfully created a web page in Notepad that is not an ASP page. It displays fine in Internet Explorer.

Next I created a web page in VB.Net 2005. The page contains no controls and has only one word. I copied the Default.ASPX and the Default.ASPX.VB files to the directory on the server, C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ES. The ES of course is just a directory for this test. On that local server when I type http//:Servername/ES into internet explorer. I receive the following error message:

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Default_aspx'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="Default_aspx" %>

To me it seems like it does no know what to do with the ASPX files. I do not know if that is correct nor do I know how to correct it. Can any one offer any ideas as to what is going on and how to fix it?

Thank you
pat

Ok you may need to run aspnet_regiis.exe located here:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\
(The folder v2.0.40607 is the .net version number)
You'll need to run it with the -i switch.

Also in IIS select your ES web folder, goto properties and under applications click create.

TPM

Thanks, TPM. I successfully accomplished those tasks. But my problem persists. But I am beginning to believe my problem is in Visual Studio 2005 where I created the web site. By the way, the "web site" is just one page with the word "test" on it. I am going to look around and see if I can find someone to create a sample page in Visual Studio 2005 that they know works and then put that page on my web server to verify that the web server is OK.

thanks again for your help

How to get ISS to work

Hi MPdillon,

I am very curious how this question devellops.
I have exactly the same problem.

I used vb.net studio v2005, for the first time for making my first web
application, and.....-( nothing.very irritating.

I will keep track of this, and if I have moreinfo, I will add it here....

gtz my friend,

Reinier:confused:

Back