Arrays and picture box help

mokey

Programming Experience
Beginner
I basically need to know how to store information from each pixel of a picture in an array. Could someone help me out please?!!!

Some example code would be great if possible.

The actual question that was given follows:

Question 2.

A program needs to be written that is capable of simple image processing. All the images that are available for you to use, can be found on Blackboard in the Assignments section. They need to be downloaded to your account before you run your VB program. If you want to use your own images you can, providing they are 300 pixels by 300 pixels in size.

Features of your program.

Image Selection

The user must be able to type in the path and name of an image file (jpg and bmp). When a filename has been entered the image must appear in a Picture Box on the form. The colour of each pixel in the image should then be inspected and stored in one or more arrays. Once the array(s) has been filled, all the image processing features on the rest of the form should be made available to the user.

Simple image processing
Each pixel in the image consists of the three colour components Red, Green and Blue. The user must have the facility to:-

1 Display each of the colour components of the image separately in the picture box (e.g. only the red component visible) or in any combination (e.g. red and blue…no green component).

2. Brighten or darken an image.

3. Invert the colours in an image

4. Go to any point in an image using the mouse and find out the colour of that pixel.

5. Carry out 2 other simple image processing features of your choice.

No. I have finished uni, but i still have access to their workshops and im using them to further my understanding.

Back