Question Application Validation Cannot Succeed Unable to continue Error??

ben8you

Programming Experience
Beginner
Basically i am trying to make a form which is in essence a switchboard. Just some buttons to launch some executables. Here is my code:

VB.NET:
Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Process.Start("C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Programs\USBXTAFGUI.exe")
    End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        Process.Start("C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Programs\Modio.exe")
    End Sub

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click
        Process.Start("C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Programs\Ezgt Final\EzGt Final.exe")
    End Sub
    Private Sub Button6_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button6.Click
        MessageBox.Show("Click the name of the modding tool you want. X360 Modz Launcher made by G4xMoDz. Disclamer: As G4xMoDz I do not own the tools, I only own the launcher.", "About", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information)
    End Sub

Private Sub Button5_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button5.Click
        Me.Close()
    End Sub
End Class

I have added the executables which i want to launch into the references section of my project and i have also set them to make a copy on the machine which the form is to be installed on. The problem is when i try to publish the form. When i click the setup file it successfully verifies the components then when i click install it gets half-way then says -

Cannot start Application
Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue.

i can post the details but its a large text file to add to an already large post.
Ps sorry if its in the wrong section
Many thanks ,
please help :)

Last edited:
Back