Question Any way to show tooltip for disabled control?

DCoupe

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi everyone,

I have this flexgrid which shows a different tooltip for every cell it contains. Now I would like to see this exact same tooltip for every cell when I put the flexgrid on enabled = false but I can't find a way to do this.

I have tried the transparentSheet trick and a few other things I found on the web but none seem to work.

Any workaround would be much appreciated

Kind regards

Coupé Dries

You can use the MouseHover event to manually show the tooltip using ToolTip1 (assuming you didn't rename it)

You can use the MouseHover event to manually show the tooltip using ToolTip1 (assuming you didn't rename it)

Hi JuggaloBrotha,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I did a quick test but the MouseHover event doesn't seem to fire when I hover my mouse over the flexgrid.

Anything I should take into account here?

Kind regards

Coupé Dries

Ah, that's right those types of events don't fire when a control is disabled so MouseHover is useless. I did, however, find an article via google search that explains how to achieve this: How to display ToolTip for disabled Controls

In short, use the form's MouseMove event then get the control (if any) that's under the mouse at the mouse's location, from there you can check if it your disabled flexgrid control and show the tooltip from there.

Back