Additional assistance needed

Programming Experience
1-3
Okm the advicxe I recieved earlier helped alot, now I find myself needing more assistance. The question is how do I open a form within a form when the enduser clicks on a button on the first form?

Thanx in advance
iraqifreedomveteran03

Re: Need Assistance once again

What I would like to have happen is when the end user clicks on the "Owner" button for example, the "owner" screen opens. But what I can't figure out is the New Property Window is not an MDI Container. how would I make this Button Click even happen?

Once Again TIA

Attachments

• New-Property-Buttons.gif
    New-Property-Buttons.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Owner.jpg
    Owner.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 64
If you want a form to open within another form, the parent must have its IsMdiParent property set to True and you must assign the parent form to the childs MdiParent property before calling Show.

Re: Additional assistance needed......

How do I set the IsMdiParent. I changed the IsMdiContainer to true on the New Property Form try to run the program, then get an error saying that a form can not be a child and a parent

That's your answer then. An MDI child form can not be an MDI parent as well. I wasn't aware of that fact because I've never tried, but if you can't then you can't.

that's what jmcilhinney has just told you....

using .show will open the new form. However you can still click back to the other form and that takes focus.

using .showdialog means that whilst that form is open, the user cannot click back onto the form it was called from, they have to close the form just opened to do so.

However, looking at the pictures you provided at the start of this post, I assume that you will load a record, and then clicking on "Owner" button will then open the owner form displaying related data to the current record.

You will need to do a bit more coding to achieve this....

Regards,
Luke

Back