Adding reference to Word Library

fiddy

Programming Experience
5-10
I'm getting "The system cannot find the reference specified" error when i add the Word 11.0 Object Library to my application - even though it shows me the entry in the add references window - i thought this means it knows where it is ?
The app is also then giving me the warning "the referenced component 'Word' could not be found" - and i cannot use the objects.

Thanks

screen shots attached ..

Attachments

• screen1.JPG
    screen1.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 33
  • screen2.JPG
    screen2.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 28
That is bizarre. It looks like the IDE is failing to create the Interop library for Word. Why that would be I really couldn't say. Does your C:\Windows\assembly folder have an assembly named Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word listed? How many are there and what versions are they?

That is bizarre. It looks like the IDE is failing to create the Interop library for Word. Why that would be I really couldn't say. Does your C:\Windows\assembly folder have an assembly named Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word listed? How many are there and what versions are they?

thx for ur help; i cannot see the one you listed, but i can see a "office" one listed, version 11.0.0.0 - not sure if thats the same thing ?

really struggling here ...

Try creating a new project and adding a Word reference to it. Does that work? If so then it may be due to some corruption in your original project. If not then there must be some issue with the IDE or with Word, but what that might be I couldn't say. Also, can you reference any other Office apps or do they give the same error?

Try creating a new project and adding a Word reference to it. Does that work? If so then it may be due to some corruption in your original project. If not then there must be some issue with the IDE or with Word, but what that might be I couldn't say. Also, can you reference any other Office apps or do they give the same error?

Weirdness, one thing of note, when i try to add that Word 11.0 reference, it automatically adds in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility - and these are successful.

Also, as per your msg i added Excel and it is successful - only weird thing is the path is showing up as my Documents and Settings\WindowsApplication1 folder !!??

What are my options here - reinstall Word ?? Only reason i havent tried that is because this is on my work machine, which has standard operation environment and it will be a pain in the ar$e ...

Just an FYI - on another thread there was links to Office PIA distribution, so instead of reinstalling Office, i just installed that and now the reference works.

Thanks for sticking with me jmcilhinney, have some reps for trying :)

Back