adding a borland delphi project to vb.net

markiez

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to add an borland delphi .net program to an existing vb.net program.

I've written an vb.net program and a new coworker here has written a program in Borland 2006 Delphi and i wanted to combine those two programs in to 1 vb.net program.

Does anyone know how to do this???

Grtz,
Mark

I don't know anything about delphi, but if it's possible to create a COM component with delphi then you certainly can add it to a vb.net project.

adding a borland project into a vb.net project

kulrom is right. I want to add a delphi project in a vb.net project and build the whole solution as 1 program.

If you have Visual Studio and Delphi installed on the same machine then you can add a Delphi project to a Visual Studio solution, courtesy of the fact that Microsoft has made Visual Studio expose an API that makes it able to support any number of languages. You can't then compile those two projects into a single application though. You couldn't do that even if they were both written in VB.NET. What you can do is make one a Class Library project and the other a Windows Application project and then have the application reference the library. A Delphi project will compile to a .NET assembly just like VB.NET or C# and any .NET project can reference any other .NET project. The entire Framework was written in C# and you use that, so referencing a .NET assembly written in Delphi is no different. Once it's compiled a .NET assembly is a .NET assembly with no connection whatsoever to the language that was used to create it. As long as your Delphi project is a .NET project and not a VCL project you can do it.

Back