Add Postgres Forum?

milkmood

Programming Experience
Beginner
:eek: Postgres is becoming more and more popular among .net developers, it seems. I see you have an ODBC forum here (and it's not getting much use), but nothing specifically for Postgres. Would it be possible to add one?

Thanks,
CP

CP,

Thank you for the feedback. I will take this into consideration. There a lot of databases out there, such as the upcoming Firebird and VistaDB, etc. I don't want to create a forum for every product out there. DB's such as Postgres may be better served in the General DB forum unless I see more activity for the paritcular DB vendor.

Postgres...

Neal,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand your position, but Postgres is the single most popular open source DB with vast capabilities. I think it would serve the VB.NET community well to have a forum just for integration of VB.NET and Postgres. There is little information on the two specifically, and I think if there were a place to discuss and get help, some would flock to it.

Secondarily, it would help to serve those who are developing ASP.NET applications for Mono (even if it is done in C#). It would give an open source solution to those who prefer it.

IMHO,
CP

Back