Access the Registry

larkahn

Programming Experience
1-3
Could someone explain how this logon could be extended to become a simple installation registration? Yes, I realize this would not be a secure registration, but it would definitely cut down on very very casual piracy. For example, after the user entered his name and password, this would be compared with a registry entry which was written when the program was installed. If the logon info matches the installation info, this would also set another registry entry which in the future would bypass the logon screen. It would also be good to have a way to delete the registry entries.

the login form i made was simply the login form, all you would have to do is pull the info from the registry (username, pass, and whether the login form should be used or not) then if the form should be used, display the login form then compare the results

to get things from the registry here's an article that may help: http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/registry_with_vb.asp

Since you are on .NET 2.0 take a look at the 'My' namespace it is provided.

I think its My.Computer.Registry...not quite sure but its there somewhere definitely.

Back