A couple of questions about the Entity Data Model Designer

delstar

Programming Experience
1-3
I recently started playing around with the EDM Designer in VS 2010. The database I am using has some rather complex associations built into it. For example:

I have three tables of reference data; RAddress, RParcel, and ROwner. The addresses, parcels, and owners contained in these tables each have custom attributes assigned to them. These attributes are all stored in a table call RAPO_ Attributes. RAPO_Attributes contains two key fields: APO_Number and APO_type. APO_number corresponds to the primary keys of RAddress, RParcel, and ROwner. APO_Type defines which table the record is associated to (the distinct values are literally 'ADDRESS', 'PARCEL', and 'OWNER'). Is this type of relationship possible to build in the designer?

Also, the primary keys in the three reference tables listed are all defined as Integer. The APO_Number field in RAPO_Attributes is defined as a string. Is there a way I can tell the designer to convert the string to an integer without it complaining that the member mappings are invalid because the types are incompatible?

Disclaimer: Please don't yell at me. I did not design this database.

Back